Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Two Left Feet

This morning out of the corner of my eye I see a man, in a dress shirt and slacks, moving awkwardly on the 6. He is standing on the other side of the car but I notice him right away. He is swaying and jerking slightly but constantly. Does he have tourettes? Sheltered as I probably am, I have not actually ever seen someone with tourettes in real life. I try not to look but I am nervous and a little intrigued. When is he going to start screaming expletives? Maybe he doesn’t have actually tourettes but is just a crazy person. Or maybe he is on some kind of drug that I definitely don’t know about.


It is only when the train stops and the crowd shifts that I get a better view of him and notice he is wearing an IPod. There is nothing wrong with him after all. He had simply been dancing, slightly swaying in his own little world of mp3.


With moves like that, I certainly feel sorry for his wife.

No comments: