Monday, October 6, 2008

Bring on the Big Mac (hold the poop please)

This afternoon the 4 smells strongly of Porta Potty. Not like an old crusty crap smell but of that dreadfully strong chemical that they use to clean the toilets. Everyone must know what I am talking about -it is remarkably unmistakable.

The man across from me has a red plastic bag which is filled with kumquats. He is sitting there pulling them methodically off their stems. Wait a minute- scratch that- I don’t even know what a kumquat really looks like. Maybe they are crab apples?

A girl sitting next to me is eating a big steamy bag of McDonalds. I normally get irritated when people eat on the subway but it smells so unbelievable that it actually takes the edge off the porta-potty scent a little bit. People who say they don’t love or don’t eat fast food are either lying or certifiably crazy. After a long day of number-crunching and watching the Dow sink lower and lower I am nearly rabid for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog. Very interesting. I've always wanted to live in New York.

Sarah said...

I'll be in NYC for 3 days next week and I do NOT look forward to having to ride on the stinky subways.