Thursday, October 9, 2008

Observations on the X90

So for some mundane reasons I won’t get into here a few mornings a week I shall be taking the express bus to work in place of the subway. The express bus is a million times better than the subway. A million. The biggest advantage is I don’t have to walk almost a mile to get to it- it picks me up right outside my apartment and drops me right off outside my office.


It is not a normal dirty crowded city bus either- it is a coach bus with big plush reclining seats with only a few other riders on- this morning I got two whole seats to myself! There is no chance of any perverted/weird/angry or smelly people on it. It is just normal office workers going straight to the financial district. It is also whisper quiet and I get to watch the sunrise over the East River and Brooklyn Bridge the whole way as we roll by peacefully along the FDR highway. It is, may I sound like a diva here, FABOLOUS. Couldn’t get better service if I was a big-time Wall Street executive with a private driver!

Why do you say have I not been taking the bus the whole time? Because it is more expensive (it is a tough economy out there!) and takes longer to get to work (time is of the essence when commuting!).


Even though the bus is incredibly boring with observations for this blog, have no fear I will still be riding the subway as well and will still record every stinky detail. Just be warned you may see an observation from the bus every once in a while slipped in….if there is ever anything interesting to write about that is….

No comments: