Friday, October 3, 2008

Where are the Men?

This morning on the 6 I am in deep observance of the men around me. Well I always am always in deep observance of men in general but even more so this morning. What has happened to the way men dress? I notice that the man sitting across from me, very attractive, you might even say “strapping” is wearing a pink tie with little blue whales. Little blue whales. Really? When did that become okay? I notice another man a few seats down. He is wearing a light purple dress shirt with white cuffs and a darker purple tie. I mean obviously gay men are entitled to a get-out-of-jail-free fashion pass but these men are clearly not homosexual by the way they both stare down a brunette woman with gigantic breasts heaving out of her blazer who has just stepped into the car.


I know this is New York but I really just miss men being men. Leave the creative fashion expression to the ladies of this city- they got it plenty covered.



On another note...I had a few inquires yesterday to what happened to the "sick passenger" on the E train. Truth is, I don't know. They had them cleared away by the time I finally made it to the platform. Usually though, if someone is killed by being hit by a train it mentioned in at least one of the local newspapers, buried deep in the local section. There was nothing this morning.

No comments: