Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday is the Best Day

In the mornings now since it is fall again there are unfortunately school children on the subway. I do not believe the subway, actually most of Manhattan is a place for children. That’s just a personal opinion. Anyways, I was eavesdropping on a conversation that a group of young boys were having, chaperoned by one of their nannies.


Thursday is my favorite day.


No hey dawg, Wednesday is MY favorite day.


No WAY. Thursday is best because we have a long gym block.


Well Wednesday we have art AND social studies…


And so it went.


I long to be back in school when some days of the week were actually different than others. Now every day is exactly the same now in terms of bestness and worstness. I suppose Friday is better. But really it is only the end of Friday that makes any difference. No matter what city you live in I am sure you can empathize. Sigh.

No comments: