Wednesday, August 6, 2008

First Post

I have been living in Manhattan for about eight months. I live in a rent stabilized walk-up in the less-glamorous part of the Upper East Side and work in corporate treasury down in the Financial District. I have decided to start blogging about my commute everyday- the things I see and the observations I make below the streets of New York each morning (and evening). I think I will have a good perspective at this because at this point I am not as clueless as a tourist yet am still not jaded by the city.

It takes me about 45 minutes to get to work everyday. Since I live so far east it is a good 10-15 minute walk to the subway. I get on the 6 train downtown and then switch to the 4 or 5 at Grand Central or Union Square. I get off at the Wall Street stop.

Will this blog be boring? Only time will tell…

No comments: