Thursday, August 7, 2008

Swipe Card?

This morning I am walking down the stairs at 68th street and I feel someone tapping me on my back. It is usually never a good thing when someone touches you non-accidently on the subway. I turn around and to my relief see not a psycho but a professional looking woman.

Excuse me do you know where your swipe-card is?

Huh? I finger the MetroCard that is still in my hands. I star blankly back at her.

I have my card.

Your swipe-card- it is on your back. She touches my back again.

Okay, so this is just one of those crazy people that looks like a normal person. I hurry away. It was then I realize that she meant my corporate ID tag used to get into my office building, clipped on my skirt. I have this issue during my trek to the subway every morning-my business skirts with my blouse tucked in get completely turned around while walking. Apparently I am the only women with this problem however as I never see anyone else with their back in their front.

I now feel like I am the crazy person in this random interaction.

No comments: