Monday, August 18, 2008

Bad Boys

I am going to start including observations from the other parts of my commute (i.e. walking) and not just confine things to the subway. I have decided this because just walking is about 15-20 minutes of my 45 minute commute. Also, I am worried that eventually I may run out of things to write about regarding the subway.

Where I get off the subway in the morning there is an incredibly busy intersection at Church and Liberty Street right next to ground zero with traffic cops directing pedestrian traffic. This particular morning on the corner there are about six NYPD officers questioning this suspicious looking guy. Absolutely nothing exciting is going on, no handcuffs, no yelling, and no scene. Yet myself and the 30 other people that are stopped waiting our turn to cross just all turn our heads and stare, intently watching the nothing that is happening. I guess no matter where you live in this country people are just fascinated with any sort of police activity.

Activity is defined as anything greater than a single police officer standing on the corner eating a doughnut.

No comments: