Friday, August 29, 2008

Manhattan Minus a Million (or Two)

Today the subways are much less crowded than normal. I notice it especially in the morning, when I get on the 6 there are but a few people comfortably sharing my car with me. It is because today is the day before the holiday weekend and everyone is out of town. Also, fall is in the air as it is comfortably cool in the morning instead of a sweltering 100 degrees on the subway platform. I come into my office this morning and am not a hot mess of stickiness. I have decided New York would be a much better place with about half as many people and comfortable temperatures year round.

On another note, there will be no entries next week as I am escaping the city and taking a week long vacation at the beach. 9 days- no subway.

No comments: